Fixing Wolfy’s Point of Sale (PoS) product with Access.

🇺🇸 Redwood City, California U.S.
🌎 wolfy.menu 
Wolfy’s PoS product was being tested by it’s paying customers, the restaurants and hence it was owed its due in design upgradation both in terms of usability and visuals.

BACKGROUND

A PoS paired with a digital Menu as a proof of concept.

Wolfy is SaaS offering which helps individual restaurants set up their own online mobile menu accessible via Table top QR codes thus doing away with the need to have paper/physical menu cards. Naturally, Wolfy has a Customer facing side (Menu) and a restaurant facing side (PoS)
The PoS involves handling the orders from diners, managing tables, setting up menu items, categories and their respective customizations, generating reports based on historical data, maintaining server data, tips and so on.
Restaurant tables overview from the original Wolfy PoS. It needed considerable visual work, structural replacements and communication rework.

Built without design support, an MVP with some rough edges.

Wolfy’s PoS had design problems involving architecture, copy, visuals and usability. We took stock of the situation before diving to solve them.

THE ENGAGEMENT

Finding the building blocks and improving them

While inspecting the product, we identified the various components that propagate themselves to make the bulk of the product. Revamping the components would automatically cover a lot of ground and become this a general solution across pages.

Access- Primary Navigation
The left navigation was modernised, cleaned up and restructured with better page segregation.
Wolfy-Product Cards
Cards representing restaurant tables, redesigned to have information hierarchy.

Going beyond components with directions to build

The next step was to tidy up some of the existing structures like a modal here, a header there to establish how the new components with the correct guidelines work together to actual build product components.

Wolfy Popup-BeforeWolfy Popup - After
Wolfy - Page Headers
Headers that appeared on top of the page body defining areas below like spreadsheets etc were redesigned as a general use case.

Behind the scenes: Explanations and rationales

While making changes we made sure we dropped a good number of notes so the team could follow along and understand the fundamentals being applied.

Wolfy-Rationale 1
Wolfy-Rationale 2

Ensuring executability and continuity

To align closely with the developers and make sure they implement changes without having any doubts we handed over the components over zeplin. Further, we provided a continuity plan so that the team can execute product modules after we are gone and they stay within the guard rails we set up. 

Wolfy -DevHandover-1
Wolfy -DevHandover-2
Directions left to developers to be able to execute changes exactly and to the business to design components with the correct rationale.

Fixing Wolfy’s Point of Sale (PoS) product with Access.

Wolfy’s PoS product was being tested by it’s paying customers, the restaurants and hence it was owed its due in design upgradation both in terms of usability and visuals.
🇺🇸 Redwood City, California U.S.
🌎 wolfy.menu 

BACKGROUND

A PoS paired with a digital Menu as a proof of concept.

Wolfy is SaaS offering which helps individual restaurants set up their own online mobile menu accessible via Table top QR codes thus doing away with the need to have paper/physical menu cards. Naturally, Wolfy has a Customer facing side (Menu) and a restaurant facing side (PoS)
The PoS involves handling the orders from diners, managing tables, setting up menu items, categories and their respective customizations, generating reports based on historical data, maintaining server data, tips and so on.

Built without design support, an MVP with some rough edges.

Wolfy’s PoS had design problems involving architecture, copy, visuals and usability. We took stock of the situation before diving to solve them.

Restaurant tables overview from the original Wolfy PoS. It needed considerable visual work, structural replacements and communication rework.
Wolfy-Product Cards
Cards representing restaurant tables, redesigned to have information hierarchy.
Access- Primary Navigation
The left navigation was modernised, cleaned up and restructured with better page segregation.

THE ENGAGEMENT

To impact maximally we went after the building blocks

While inspecting the product, we identified the various components that propagate themselves to make the bulk of the product. Revamping the components would automatically cover a lot of ground and become this a general solution across pages.

And then we redesigned some structures from them.

The next step was to tidy up some of the existing structures like a modal here, a header there to establish how the new components with the correct guidelines work together to actual build product components.

Wolfy - Page Headers
Headers that appeared on top of the page body defining areas below like spreadsheets etc were redesigned as a general use case.
Wolfy Popup-BeforeWolfy Popup - After
Wolfy-Rationale 2
Wolfy-Rationale 1

Explanations and rationales behind the scene

While making changes we made sure we dropped a good number of notes so the team could follow along and understand the fundamentals being applied.

Ensuring executability and continuity

Having revamped and fixed the product usability and visuals, we made sure we left Wolfy with a continuity plan so that they can execute product modules after we are gone and keep them within the guard rails we set up. 

Directions left to developers to be able to execute changes exactly and to the business to design components with the correct rationale.
Directions to the team to design headers based on the principles we set.